Friday, March 7, 2014

The Bug King!




This is a model based on a concept painting by the CreatureBox design studio. I freaking worship at those guys' altar, and when I saw this character I just HAD to sculpt him! HE'S SO SQUISHY!

Here's the original concept painting that I yanked directly from their facebook page (hopefully they don't mind!)



The model was first done in Maya and then brought into ZBrush for detail, and I was considering baking it back down, but decided that it was too much work for right now and left it at the high poly stage. I'm responsible for the modeling, painting, and lighting of this thing.

2 comments:

  1. This is so great!!! Can't wait to see what else you do with sculpting. The shading looks fantastic, and the little beard came out really well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Thanks! I had a lot of fun with this guy. NO IDEA what I'm gunna do next. XD

      Delete