Saturday, June 8, 2013

Death of a forum

Back in 2003, I joined a message board for Team17, the creators of the Worms series of games. Since then it's been a wild ride of camaraderie and competition  and I've made a bunch of international friends from the forum. Well last week it was announced that the forums were going to be closing.

That message board is responsible for almost all of my early animation and artwork and is probably single-handedly responsible for my acceptance into CalArts and my general success as an art student so far. To honor its death, I drew one final bit of fanart. An image of some of the most famous of the forum users, in the form of our SigWorms, fighting off hordes of abominable trolls and incompetent noobs.


Rest in peace, Team17 forum. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment